Thursday 20 September 2012

Short Film

For my media project this year, I am making a short film. A short film is anything shorter than the conventional feature film running time of 1 hour 10 minutes.

I have devised a basic premise for my film. I have decided to adopt a simple approach to the story, location and characters as these have all presented problems with past projects. The idea is as follows: a perfectly normal teenage relationship ends in tragedy. The film will feature three characters - teenage boy, girl and woman (unseen). I will use two locations for the film - a park and bedroom. The film will feature flashbacks which will be clearly represented by having a sepia effect, contrasting with the dark/natural colours of the scenes set in the present.

Below are two examples of short films we looked at in class:




How They Get There (Spike Jonze) from South P on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. make sure that yu show understanding of the difference between narrative story and narrative plot - and make links to critical theory - eg Todorov and Propp
    HY 26th sept 2012

    ReplyDelete