Thursday 15 November 2012

Editing process

I completed the first draft for my short film today. Although there are numerous improvements required and some footage that needs to be re-filmed, I am mostly happy with the way it is looking and the overall narrative it follows.
   One of the main problems with the footage is that the blood is not noticable enough in a couple of the shots. Although I have added an effect to make it stand out more, there is no continuity between three shots, and it is likely this footage will have to be filmed again. Colour is a problem affecting a number of other shots also, with the contrast being noticably different between some. This is a problem that can be resolved during the editing process.
   There is a slight continuity error between two consecutive scenes where the camera has been moved between recording. I have tried to solve this by cropping the shot to create a more specific focus, and zooming in to hide the error - though I feel it still stands out as an error.
   I was worried before starting the editing process that I would have too little footage to use as flashback scenes. I have managed to incorporate three seperate shots into my first draft that I feel looked natural and most appropriate. If I end up filming again, I may try to film some more shots that I could use, as I may need to extend the overall running time of the finished film.
   I have added some music over the whole of the footage which I feel fits the atmosphere I want to convey. I may revise this at a later time if I can find any that will be more appropriate to specific scenes e.g. the flashbacks likely require a more 'romantic' style of music. I may need to record some additional sound, specifically voices, that can be dubbed over some of the scenes featuring dialogue. The reason for this is that I am not sure how clear some of the voices are, and I don't want the audience to miss out on any audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment