Thursday 8 November 2012

Filming - 2/11/12

This post is a report of the filming process for my short film.
I was able to find a suitable location for the interior shots. One problem however was finding an equally appropriate outside setting. Due to the weather, we were unable to film in the latter location so now my film takes place inside throughout.
As mentioned in the post talking about my revised idea, my actors weren't comfortable doing the 'in love' scenes. I managed to collect some natural looking footage (which was my original intention), though whether this footage will be usable in my film remains to be seen.
Overall, the filming went pretty successfully. I followed the majority of my original plot discourse, however we were presented with some practical issues with regards to props and costume which meant I had to film new footage that was not in my original idea. One such problem was finding something which could pass for realistic looking blood. We used strawberry sauce, though this may not be noticable on screen and could leave the audience confused. The ending of my film has now changed completely. My film will now end with 'Susie' picking up the camera and filming herself surveying what she has done. The idea of the actors filming the footage appealed to me before as I wanted to retain as natural a sense as possible within my film.

I plan to review the footage I collected and determine what I plan to use. If my new idea doesn't work out, I will film the footage again and try to work around the problems we were presented with during the original filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment